Objective: To provide direct care to members in order to assist with reaching / maintaining his / her highest level of performance and independence.
Qualifications included but not limited to:
- Successful completion of a nurse aide training and competency evaluation program pursuant to the requirements of 42 CFR Part 483, Subpart D, as revised or recodifies, if applicable; or
- Successful completion of a competency examination for nurse aides recognized by the department; or
- Successful completion of a health care or personal care credentialing program recognized and approved by the department; or
- Successful completion or progress in the completion of a 40 hour training program provided by a private home care provider, which addresses at least the following areas:
- Ambulation and transfer of clients, including positioning;
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, shaving, dental care, dressing, and eating; Basic first aid and CPR;
- Caring for clients with special conditions and needs so long as the services are within the scope of the tasks authorized to be performed by demonstration;
- Home management;
- Home safety and sanitation;
- Infection control in the home;
- Medically related activities to include the taking of vital signs; and
- Proper nutrition.
Administrator Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Assisting with activities
- Assisting with toileting
- Assisting ambulation
- Taking vital signs as needed
- Documenting as instructed
- Assisting members with personal care / ADLS
- Assisting with meals planning and preparation
- Completing an incident / accident reports when needed
- Assisting members with basic housekeeping / errands
- Assisting child / adult in homes in which parent(s) are physically or mentally disabled
- Assist clients in settings doctor’s appointments and transporting to appointments
- Ensure clients take self – administered medications
- Reports violations of clients rights, complaints, or concern from client to management in a observing and reporting any changes in the member to the RN in a timely matter rather mental or physical.
By signing below I am acknowledging the above duties and other duties as assigned by supervising staff.
______________________ ___________ ______________
SPHC Sub – Contractor / Staff Initials of management Date