RN Administrator Job Description
Non – Exempt
Objective: The Registered Nurse Administrator organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing a with emphasis on community health education / experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individual and families within their homes and communities.
Qualifications included but not limited to:
- Current Georgia licensure, CPR certification, ACLS and valid driver’s license.
- Nursing degree; with home health care experience.
- Clean Criminal Background
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Two years of Private Home care and acute care experience
- Management experience a must. Responsible for supervising CNA’s / PCA’s.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer clients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Administrator Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Completes an initial assessment of clients and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness (es).
- Takes full authority and reasonability for the operations
- Regularly re-evaluates client nursing needs. (every 92 days every ~ 62 days / providing nursing services )
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as client status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan which establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis. Includes the clients and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the clients and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the clients as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the clients.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every thirty days.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty-two days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the client’s needs and reports and changes in the client’s condition; obtains / receives physician’s orders as required.
- Requires participation in the development and review of each client service plan
- RN is responsible for supervising any services provided for the medically frail clients and defines those types of clients appropriately.
- Requires that the RN annually assesses the performance of the supervisees, by direct observation or demonstration of the tasks they are assigned to perform.
By signing below I am acknowledging the above duties and other duties as assigned by supervising staff.
SPHC Sub- Contractor / Staff Initials of management Date